Clients play an important role in the lives of both ordinary and professional users in today’s world of emails. As a result, Microsoft’s Office 365 is the most preferred cloud-based product for business environments.
Office 365 Tenant to tenant migration will be handled in the same straightforward and straightforward manner as other migration processes. Furthermore, if the primary domain name is being converted to the target, the registration of the domain name may become more complicated. The main problem is that a single domain can only be linked to one Office 365 tenant at a time.
So, in this article, we’ll show you how to resolve the issue of tenant to tenant migration within Office 365 using the same domain name in a secure manner. Before we get into that, let’s take a look at some user scenarios in the next section.
While Migrating from One O365 Tenant to Another, Users have Questions.
Examine the scenarios below to better understand the process of successfully migrating your Microsoft Office 365 tenant. The scenarios listed below were taken from the forum’s website. Take a look at:
“Because my company “X” (127 users) has acquired another company “Y,” I need to migrate tenants from one to the other (215 users). Both companies use Azure Active Directory to keep synchronization and connectivity between AD users and Office 365 for email messages. I need to successfully combine one tenant with another. As a result, I don’t want to use any time-consuming methods to complete this task properly. So, please provide me with a dependable Office 365 tenant to tenant migration solution. Please accept my thanks in advance for your response.”
“I’d like to move over 200 users from one Office 365 tenant to another.” The main question is whether two tenants can share the same domain. Please suggest an appropriate method for resolving my problem, and please make it as simple as possible for me to complete the migration task in less time. I can’t afford to waste too much time combining tenant(source) with tenant (source) (target). “Thank you very much.”
If you’re looking for a manual way to migrate tenants in Office 365, look no further.
We will take into account the above-mentioned query and provide a reliable way to perform this tenant-to-tenant migration. If you’re looking for a manual way to complete this task, you should know that you won’t be able to migrate Office 365 tenants manually.
However, Microsoft describes what you must do before and after migration, how to prepare source and destination tenants, and how to schedule migration, but you must use a third-party migration tool to complete this task with entire mailboxes.
So, if you’re looking for a manual way to migrate O365 tenant to tenant, you’re wasting your time. To complete this task, you must use a migration tool. As a result, we decided to provide an automated best office 365 tenant to tenant migration tool after considering the task’s complexity. We’ll go over how to move Office 365 from one tenant to another in the next section. So hang in there with us.
Office 365 Tenant to Tenant Migration in an Automated Way
We all know that there is no manual way to move an O365 tenant from one to another. As a result, we devised an alternative solution to effectively resolve your vexing problem. To deal with the problem, you should use a professional tool like Office 365 Migration Tool. With the help of this tool, you can easily and quickly transfer Office 365 Mailboxes to another account in batch mode.
Because this application has an intuitive and user-friendly interface, even a novice user can complete the migration task without the assistance of a professional.
Maintain the same domain name while migrating from Office 365 tenant to tenant.
To complete this migration, we must follow the four steps outlined below:
- Move data from one Office 365 tenant to another.
- Separate the domain from the previous tenant.
- In the new Office 365 tenant, add a domain.
- Transfer tenant data to the domain.
You must keep in mind that a domain can only be attached to one Office 365 tenant at a time, so we must migrate the domain user’s mailbox data before detaching the domain.
The suggested tool will migrate all data from an Office 365 tenant to another, including Office 365 domain users’ mailboxes, admin mailboxes, and users’ mailboxes. You can easily migrate emails, contacts, calendars, and documents with this tool. This tool has a number of advanced features that will aid you in the migration process.
Let’s get started with Office 365 Tenant to Tenant Migration (Microsoft 365).
- After installing and running the tool, go to the initial screen and select Office 365 as a source and destination.
- From the Workload station, select items (emails, contacts, calendars, and documents).
- You can apply a date-based filter, migrate document permissions, and use group mapping all from the same screen. After you’ve made your selections, click Next.
- Next, type in the source Office 365 admin ID and the application ID. Validate permissions to migrate Office 365 tenants by clicking the Validate button.
- After the software has validated the permissions, click Next.
- Enter the Office 365 admin ID and application ID for the destination. Select Validate from the drop-down menu.
- The software now validates permissions; once they have been validated, click Next.
- To perform an Office 365 tenant-to-tenant migration with all user data, we must now create a mapping between source and destination users. This software gives you three options for doing so. Choose anyone and then click Next.
- You can see that a mapping between the source and destination users has been created. Select Validate from the drop-down menu.
- To migrate the user’s mailbox to a new tenant, click the Start Migration button once permissions have been validated.
The Final Word
If a user tries to migrate from one Office 365 tenant to another while keeping the same domain name, the migration will fail. As a result, it is recommended that you use the software mentioned above to complete this technical task. Because there is no reliable manual procedure available, attempting to do it manually would be a waste of time. As a result, you have complete freedom to choose any of them based on your needs and desires.