Hepatitis B; Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Individuals exhibiting signs such as joint pain, itching all over the body, skin paleness, and fever should immediately seek medical attention. The symptoms correlate with hepatitis B. Hence, it is best to consult a competent hepatologist in Islamabad. The specialist will conduct relevant tests to diagnose the illness and provide information regarding effective treatment options.
The hepatitis HBV infection affects the functioning of the liver. Individuals diagnosed with Hepatitis B require immediate medical attention to prevent complications. There are no permanent cures for the disease; however, the treatment is known to be effective in managing the symptoms. Vaccines help peent contract the infection. It is transmittable and mostly affects men.
What are the symptoms of Hepatitis B?
The common symptoms of Hepatitis are:
- The caregivers and the patient himself can notice yellowness in the white area of the eyes. It indicates that the person is suffering from jaundice.
- The patient can notice a change in the color of the urine and stool than usual.
- The individual suffers from excruciating pain in the lower region of the stomach near the liver.
- The individual suffers from joint pain, which causes discomfort and hindrance in body movement.
- The patient suffers from high-grade fever, which affects the overall functioning of the body.
- The individual remains inactive due to fatigue and lethargy.
- The patient suffers from loss of appetite, which can lead to malnourishment.
- The patient suffers from nausea and vomiting.
What causes an individual to suffer from Hepatitis B?
The known causes of Hepatitis B are:
- The virus enters the body through direct contract. It can affect the individual through infected blood, semen, and other bodily fluids.
- Individuals having unprotected sexual intercourse with the infected person are at a higher risk of suffering from hepatitis B.
- Individuals who share hygiene products such as razors are more likely to suffer from hepatitis B.
- Using contaminated syringes and needles can cause hepatitis B.
- The infected mother can transfer the virus to the unborn child.
- Homosexuality in men can increase the chances of suffering from hepatitis B and related complications.
- The transplantation of vital organs increases the risk of contracting a virus that affects the functioning of the liver and other vital organs.
What are the Complications Associated with Hepatitis B?
The complications associated with Hepatitis B are:
- Individuals who do not prioritize treatment are at a higher risk of suffering from liver cirrhosis.
- The individual suffers from excruciating pain due to swelling in the blood vessels.
- Without timely treatment, the patient is at a higher risk of suffering from liver cancer and related problems.
- Hepatitis B affects the functioning of the liver. A prolonged condition can lead to liver failure and eventually cause death.
- The patients must take proper medical treatment, as the condition can hinder the functioning of the kidneys and increase the risk of anemia.
What Preventative Measures Help Reduce the Chances of Suffering from Hepatitis B?
The Preventative measures that are proven effective in managing the symptoms and reducing the chances of suffering from hepatitis B are:
- Individuals with more than one sex partner should remain vigilant. It is necessary to use condoms to have sexual intercourse. Protection during sex helps reduce the chances of contracting viruses.
- If the partner exhibits signs of Hepatitis B, then they must get tested to prevent the spread.
- Individuals must get vaccinated against the HBV virus to prevent the chances of suffering from Hepatitis B.
- People must avoid sharing razors and toothbrushes with others, as it increases the risk of contracting the HBV virus.
- People must take preventative measures before getting a tattoo or piercing. It is necessary to use a new syringe and needle.
- The patients undergoing blood transfusion must make sure that the donor is not suffering from hepatitis B or other medical conditions.
Individuals diagnosed with hepatitis B must discuss their symptoms with a reliable and experienced hepatologist in Lahore. The specialist will provide guidance regarding lifestyle modification and the latest treatment options to manage the symptoms and avoid further complications.