E-filing of Income Tax Returns – A Step-by-Step Guide
Income tax is the only type of tax that affects everyone who earns money, and it generates a significant amount of cash for the government. Companies and business organisations that operate or are registered in India must pay taxes. The IT department has been offering digital tax filing for a few years now, allowing consumers to file their taxes online. E-filing of income tax returns is free when done through the government’s website. Nowadays, there are a plethora of intermediaries who provide tax E-filing services in exchange for fees and act as a third-party organization
Also Read: Income Tax Return Filing
It is a sort of tax levied by the Indian government on an individual’s annual income. Taxes are levied on all types of income, both earned and unearned.
Return on Investment
Each year, individuals or firms pay a tax on a percentage of their income, known as the return of income. This return, which is filled out on a number of forms, is sent to the Internal Revenue Service. These forms are available at the IT office or on the IT department’s website.
E-filing of Income Tax Returns
Salary income, earnings from other sources, capital gains, interest from savings accounts, and dividends are all subject to income tax. Individuals who earn money must file an income tax return by a certain deadline each fiscal year. E-filing of income tax returns became available a few years ago, allowing taxpayers to submit their taxes through an internet platform. Filing a tax return establishes your income and improves your credit score. E-filing also necessitates e-verification via prescribed ways, and failure to file an e-return by the deadline may result in a penalty liability.
Why is it necessary to file a tax return?
- If any of the conditions listed below apply to you in India, you must file an ITR.
- If your gross total income for the fiscal year falls inside the income tax bracket.
- Regardless of profit or loss in a fiscal year, every corporation, firm, or enterprise must file an ITR.
- If you want to get a refund on your taxes.
- If you want to carry a loss forward under the heading of income requirements.
- If any Indian citizen owns a property or asset in another country.
- If a resident of India has signing authority over a foreign account.
- If you receive income from a political party, a research association, a news agency, an educational or medical institution, a trade union, a not-for-profit university or educational institution, a hospital, an infrastructure debt fund, or any authority, body, or trust that holds property for charitable or religious purposes.
- If you’re looking to apply for a loan or a visa,
The Advantages of E-filing Your Income Tax Return
- ITR filing online makes the process much easier to complete without having to deal with traffic. Every year, the deadline for e-filing ITRs is July 31st.
- To prevent any penalties or charges, you can file your ITR ahead of time.
- It makes establishing a positive financial history faster and easier. Many organizations want to keep track of their past online.
- You will receive an ITR-V, which is a crucial confirmation of tax history.