Generally, the QuickBooks Web Connector QBWC1085 errors occur when the company log file QWCLOG.TXT gets damaged. The Web Connector is a program to share the data between the QB Online and QuickBooks Desktop that is hosted on the web. It also occurs when one can’t open the existing log file. Then you encounter the given below error on the screen.
QBWC1085: QuickBooks can’t write to the log file. QuickBooks will access without writing to the log file.
QBWC1085: An issue with the log file. QB Web Connector will resume without the log file.
Exception Type Error: Unknown name
With the help of this blog, we try to help you fix the error code QBWC1085. This error can occur for various reasons, which will be discussed in the following section.
Grounds for QuickBooks Web Connector Error?
Following are some of the critical reasons for the blunder. Examine them.
- At the point when you can’t get access to the Web Connector QBWCLOG.TXT file.
- Due to the harmed and corrupted QBWCLOG.TXT document.
- The error 1085 happens when the QuickBooks can’t compose the Web Connector log file.
- Any harm to the QB Web Connector elements could wind in this error.
- At the point when you didn’t interface the QuickBooks to third-party applications.
After knowing the reasons, let’s proceed to the signs of the error when it occurs.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Web Connector Error
When the QBWC1085 error occurs, you will notice the given points:
- The web connector program won’t work as expected.
- The QuickBooks app will freeze for quite a while when an error happens.
- When you are not getting any legitimate response from the Windows.
- The PC hangs for some time.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Web Connector Error
Solution 1: Rename the QBWCLOG.TXT File
If there is an issue with the QBWCLOG.txt file and the QB web connector can’t access the log file or can’t write it because of any explanation, then rename it QBWCLOG.TXT, and it’ll determine your issue quickly.
- Firstly, close down QuickBooks and Web Connector out and out.
- Secondly, navigate to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log.
- After that, rename QWCLOG.TXT to QWCLOGOLD.TXT.
- Restart Web Connector.
- Succeeding in restarting your PC, Open QuickBooks and sign in to your third-party program.
Method 2: Add Web Connector to Start Up Menu
If you can’t fix the error QBWC1085 with the above method, add the web connector to the start-up menu. Here’s how:
- Firstly, press the Windows+R keys.
- Then, the Run Windows will appear, type MSConfig in the box, and hit the OK button.
- Now, tap on the Startup tab.
- After that, mark the QB Web Connector program from the list.
- Next, click on Apply>>OK.
- Lastly, Restart the Windows.
With this blog, we try to help you out with the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085. We have discussed two great methods to fix the error. Always prevent your log file safe from any damage or corruption. If you want to contact the experts regarding the error, call QuickBooks customer service phone number . Our technical experts are 24/7 available.